Public and Independent Adjuster – Free Subscription Plan
Important—Please read this document carefully. Your access to this website is subject to legally binding terms and conditions. Carefully read all of the following terms and conditions before proceeding. Accessing this website by hyperlink, directly typing in the uniform resource indicator for any page of this website, or by using any of the software functions, services or website functions (collectively, the “Services”) offered by iCAT Solutions Inc. indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and that you intend to be legally bound by them. Your activities on this website or use of the Services may also be governed by additional guidelines, rules or agreements, all of which are incorporated by reference herein. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must cease accessing this website.
You hereby consent to the exchange of information and documents between us electronically over the Internet or by email, if to you by an email address that you may provide, and if to us to email@example.com, and that this electronic Agreement shall be the equivalent of a written paper agreement between us.
- Ownership and Copyright. You acknowledge that any and all information, content (whether user-generated or not), reports, data, databases, graphics, interfaces, web pages, text, files, software, product names, company names, trademarks, logos and trade names contained on this website or accessible via this website (collectively, the “Content”), including the manner in which the Content is presented or appears and all information relating thereto, are the property of their respective owners as indicated, the Company or its licensors, as the case may be.
- Copyright Agent. If you believe that the Company has infringed your copyright in any material way or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify the Company’s Designated Agent at support.icatsoftware.com and provide the following information:
- An identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- An identification of the material hosted by the Company that you claim is infringing or is subject to infringing activity, with enough detail, and preferably including a URI (hyperlink) so that the Company can locate the material on the website;
- Sufficient information for the Company to contact you, including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address if available;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the identified use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you declaring that the above information is accurate, made under penalty of perjury, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest involved; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with the above requirements, your notice may not be valid and may not be acted on. The Company may request additional information before removing any infringing material.
- Permitted Use. The Company hereby grants to you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive licence to access, read and download for transitory storage a copy of the Content. Transitory storage shall be only to the extent that normal computing device operations (e.g., normal browser application operations) mandate such storage.
- Subscriptions and Paid Content. Select Services and/or Content is available only on a subscription or other paid contract basis. Nothing in this Agreement entitles you to access those Services or Content without entering into a separate agreement for those Services or Content.
- Restrictions on Use. You agree that you will not:
- distribute the Content for any purpose, including, without limitation, compiling an internal database, redistributing or reproducing the Content by way of the press or media or through any commercial network, cable or satellite system;
- create derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, translate, transmit, arrange, modify, copy, bundle, sell, sublicense, export, merge, transfer, loan, rent, lease, assign, share, outsource, host, publish, make available to any person or otherwise use, either directly or indirectly, the Content in whole or in part, in any form or by any means whatsoever, be they physical, electronic or otherwise; or
- permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice the proprietary rights of the Company or its licensors, or allow any third party to access the Content. The restrictions set out in this Agreement shall not apply to the limited extent the restrictions are prohibited by applicable law.
- use the software for more than one locations with the purchase of a single license. Additional licenses must be purchased for each location.
- License to Use Your Information. With the exception of personal information, you hereby grant to the Company the perpetual, unlimited, royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable license to run, display, copy, adapt, reproduce, publish, bundle, distribute, market, create derivative works of, translate, transmit, broadcast, arrange, modify, sublicense, export, merge, transfer, loan, rent, lease, assign, share, outsource, host, make available to any person or otherwise use any information or other content you provide on or through this website or which is sent to the Company by email, upload, or by other correspondence or communication, including without limitation any ideas, concepts, inventors, know-how, techniques or any intellectual property contained therein, for any purpose whatsoever. The Company shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding any such information unless specifically agreed to by the Company in writing or required by law. You represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the license set out above.
- Your personal information may be disclosed in the following events. The Company will make all reasonable attempts to provide you with notice prior to these events, but it is your responsibility to initiate any claim or legal process to block such disclosure:
- to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request (which may include, but is not limited to, collections, responding to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or establishing or exercising the Company’s legal rights or defending against legal claims);
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions of this Agreement or any other agreement to which the Company is a party, or to investigate any potential violations thereof; or
- to detect, prevent, or investigate fraud, security issues, technical issues, or suspected fraud, security issues, or technical issues; or
- to begin third party collections for unpaid valuation related services; or to contact the beneficiary or intended recipient of valuation services provided by iCat Solutions Inc, for the purpose of settlement of past due invoices directly related to valuation services performed by iCat Solutions Inc.
- The Company may share certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information derived from information and personal information collected from you with third parties (such as traffic data), but that aggregated information shall not identify you individually.
- The Company will not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or companies without your prior knowledge and consent.
- You may access, correct, and delete your own personal information stored by the Company by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal information may be disclosed in the following events. The Company will make all reasonable attempts to provide you with notice prior to these events, but it is your responsibility to initiate any claim or legal process to block such disclosure:
- Limitations on Liability and Disclaimers. There is no guarantee that personal information and transactions on this website or over the Internet will be maintained in confidentiality or kept secure. The use of this website and the Content and Services is as your own risk, and the Company assumes no liability or responsibility pertaining to the Content or Services, your use of the website or the receipt, storage, transmission or other use of your personal information or other information.
- This website may contain links to other sites. The Company does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information, data, opinions, advice or statements contained at such sites, and when you access such sites, you are doing so at your own risk. In providing links to the other sites, the Company is in no way acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on those other sites and does not seek to monitor or control such sites. A link to another site should not be construed to mean that the Company is affiliated or associated with same. The Company does not recommend or endorse any of the content, including without limitation any hyperlinks to, or content found, on other websites.
- The company will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission, storage or receipt of confidential or proprietary information that you make or that you expressly or implicitly authorize the Company to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted, stored or received information.
- The Content may not be accurate, up to date, complete or untampered. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, this website and all Content, Services, Software and other data or electronic products made available through this website are provided “as is” without any representations, warranties, guarantees or conditions, of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, warranties as to uninterrupted or error-free operation, availability, accuracy, completeness, currentness, reliability, timeliness, legality, suitability, privacy, security, merchantability, quality, title, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose, or those arising out of a course of dealing or usage of trade.
- In no event will the Company, its affiliates, agents, licensors, suppliers or their respective directors, officers or employees be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, punitive, exemplary, aggravated, economic or consequential damages, howsoever caused, including but not limited to damages for loss of use, lost profits or lost savings, even if the Company or any of its lawful agents or employees have been advised of the possibility of such damages or claim.
- In no event will the Company, its affiliates, agents, licensors, suppliers or their respective directors, officers or employees be liable for damages or losses resulting from viruses; data corruption; failed messages; transmission errors or problems; telecommunications service providers; links to third party websites; the Internet backbone; personal injury; third party content, products or services; damages or losses caused by you or your respective employees, agents or subcontractors; loss of use or lack of availability of facilities, including computer resources, routers and stored data; the use or inability to use this website or the Content or Services; or events beyond the reasonable control of the Company, even if the Company or any of its lawful agents or employees have been advised of the possibility of such damages or claim.
- In no case will the Company’s, its affiliates’, agents’, licensors’, suppliers’ and their respective directors’, officers’ and employees’ cumulative total liability arising under any cause whatsoever (including without limitation breach of contract, tort, negligence, gross negligence or otherwise) be for more than the amount, if any, paid by you under this Agreement to access this website in the year in which the claim arose.
- Content on this website may be changed without notice to you. This website may include user-generated content that is posted, uploaded, updated, hyperlinked, embedded, or otherwise made available or altered by other users. The Company makes no representations with respect to the accuracy, integrity, legality, or quality of any such content, and neither the Company nor its affiliates, agents, licensors, suppliers or their respective directors, officers or employees shall be liable for damages or losses resulting from your consumption or use of such user-generated content. You understand that by using this website you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive or otherwise objectionable, and that you use the website at your own risk. You further agree that your participation using this website and your provision of user-generated content to the website shall be governed by any additional rules or guidelines posted on the website. The Company disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of the website. Accessing the content from territories where it may be illegal is prohibited.
- Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated by the Company, with or without cause, in the Company’s sole and unfettered discretion. The Company may terminate this Agreement without notice to you if you fail to comply with any of its terms or conditions. Any such termination by the Company shall be in addition to and without prejudice to such rights and remedies as may be available to the Company, including injunction and other equitable remedies. The disclaimers, limitations on liability, ownership, termination, interpretation, your license to the Company, your warranty and the indemnity provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination or expiry of this Agreement.
- Prepaid Subscriptions. iCAT Solutions inc. will not provide any refund for any remaining prepaid period for a prepaid Access Fee subscription.
- No-fault termination. These Terms will continue for the period covered by the Access Fee paid or payable license fee. At the end of each billing period these Terms will automatically continue for another period of the same duration as that period, provided You continue to pay the prescribed Access Fee when due, unless either party terminates these Terms by giving notice to the other party at least 30 days before the end of the relevant payment period. If You terminate these Terms You shall be liable to pay all relevant Access Fees on a pro-rata basis for each day of the then current period up to and including the day of termination of these Terms.
- Indemnity. You agree at all times to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company, its agents, suppliers, affiliates and their respective directors and employees against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, damages, demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever (including legal and other fees and disbursements) sustained, incurred or paid by the company directly or indirectly in respect of any information or other content you provide on or through this website or which is sent to the company by email, upload or other correspondence or communication; or your use or misuse of the Content or this website, including without limitation infringement claims.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada, excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the province of Ontario and/or the Federal Court of Canada, for resolution of any dispute related to this Agreement. You have required that this Agreement and all documents relating thereto be drawn up in English. Vous avez demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents qui s’y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais.
- Severability. In the unlikely event that any provision in this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be deemed to be omitted to the extent of such invalidity or illegality, and the other provisions of this Agreement shall remain valid and in force, and shall continue to govern the relationship between us.
- Entire Agreement. If you are party to a separate end-user license agreement, service agreement, software license agreement, and/or other terms or conditions (collectively, the “Other Agreement(s)”) with the Licensor, the terms and conditions of the Other Agreement(s) still apply. Where the terms or conditions of this Agreement and the Other Agreement(s) are in conflict, the terms and conditions of the Other Agreement(s) shall prevail. Otherwise, this Agreement as it may be modified or amended from time to time, and any and all other legal notices and policies on this website, constitute the entire agreement between us with respect to use of this website, the Content and Services.
- Amendment and Waiver The Company reserves the right to modify this Agreement at its sole discretion, with or without notice to you, by posting amendments on this website. You are responsible for periodically reviewing the amendments on this website, and you are deemed to be aware of such amendments. If you do not agree to the amended terms and conditions, you shall immediately stop using this website and accessing the Content and Services. Access to this website, the Content or Services, or user of this website, Content or Services, shall constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of the amended terms and conditions. No supplement, modification, or amendment to this Agreement and no waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding on the Company unless executed by the Company in writing. No waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed to be or shall constitute a waiver of any other provision (whether or not similar) nor shall such waiver constitute a continuing waiver unless otherwise expressly provided.
- Enurement. This Agreement shall enure to the benefit of and be binding on each of us, and our respective successors and permitted assigns. You acknowledge having read this Agreement before accepting it, having the authority to accept this Agreement and having received a copy of this Agreement.
Q: Is my free license subscription totally free?
A: Yes. The free subscription for Independant and Public Adjusters allows you full use of the software and all its features, including the mobile inventory App with $0.00 signup or monthly license fee (Normally $500 Signup + $250/month). It does not include add-on services such as Fast CATALOG and Fast LKQ. Not available to contents restoration contractors.
Q: Why do I need a credit card to sign up?
A: Because there is an option to use additional services, a valid credit card is still required at signup, and throughout your access to the platform.
Q: How long will the free trial last?
A: The free trial period will run until indefinitely. If there are any changes to the free license model, you will be notified within 3 months prior to any changes, if any.
Q: Can I still use iCat if I’m not a Public or Independent Adjuster but would like to use iCat for non-salvage inventory.
A: No. This free subscription is only available for licensed adjusters/firms. A Valid license number will be required, which should match the contact details of the person signing up for the subscription.
Q: I don’t want to use any additional services. Will iCat still be free?
A: Yes. Add jobs, perform inventories, import schedules of losses, price them out, generate reports, collaborate with insureds and carriers. Manage all your claims/jobs inventories. All of these features are available for free. Using Fast CATALOG (off-line guaranteed image recognition) and Fast LKQ (Non-Salvage Replacement LKQ Valuations) are optional fee based services which are not free.
Q: What is Audio Inventory, and how much does it cost?
Y: Audio inventory is Free. It uses Artificial Intelligence to process your voice. As you take a picture and talk, for example if you say “15 Polo T-Shirts”, iCat will populate all the relative information in the respective fields without any additional input from the camera operator. iCat knows “15” is Quantity, “Polo” is the Brand, and “T-Shirts” is the Description.
Q: Can I scan UPC barcodes?
Y: Yes – and – iCat will automatically lookup the UPC data and update the relevant Description, Make, Model data into the respective fields.
Q: Can I import my own schedule of Loss which I created with my insured?
A: Yes, data from any schedule of loss can be imported into iCat.
Q: What is the Homeowner Portal, how is it used?
A: After an inventory is created using the iCat Inventory App, or uploaded into iCat, the user can send a portal link to the homeowner, where they can choose to input any relevant data which will ultimately help iCat’s system narrow to better replacement and depreciation values. The insured can update the following data: Years Owned, Condition, Original Price Paid, Purchase Location, and comments.
Q: What mobile platform does iCat work on?
Y: Apple iOS (iPod, iPhone, iPad). We recommend the latest generation iPod from Apple as the cheapest and most effective inventory tool.
Q: What is the Fast CATALOG add on service?
A: This on-demand service allows you to leverage our off-site image recognition technology, which will create a detailed (and guaranteed accurate) inventory list from your images. Basically, for every item you photo inventory (regardless of the amount of images), you will receive back a detailed (and accurate) description of the item, make/model (if applicable), along with a depreciation Class/Type and related depreciation %.
Q: Who uses the Fast Catalog service?
A: Adjusters experiencing an increase in claims volume generally leverage this service. It allows them to simply snap pictures of all the non-salvage items, saving them hours and days not having to type descriptions, makes, models, etc. With the reduced time required on-site, adjusters are able to handle more jobs. It is all about opportunity cost: what else can you do with your time instead of spending double the time on site writing things out (handle more jobs, deal with insureds, etc).
Q: If I did not use the iCat inventory App, can I upload images from my own device/drive?
Q: Can more than one person use the mobile app to take pictures on-site?
A: You can have as many people as you want to perform an on-site inventory at the same job. Adjusters who use Fast CATALOG often have helpers/colleagues on-site to take images. They simply need to know how to take pictures (as opposed to being accurate in typing descriptions etc). This widens the scope of possible candidates hired to support an adjuster during an on-site inventory.
Q: How much does the Fast CATALOG service cost?
A: Current rates are posted within the software solution. Recent rates have averaged around .20/line item.
Q: Fast CATALOG seems expensive to use. Is it worth it?
A: If you don’t have much work, and are able to spend time on-site to perform an inventory, then no, it’s better to perform the inventory yourself and spend the time to input all descriptions, makes, and model data.
Consider: How long does it take you to look at an item and type in a description, make, and model such as “50 Inch LED Television, Sony, SPH377-OL998”?
1000 line items averaging 45 seconds/line item, including additional content manipulation to find and record the additional model/make information takes about 12.5 Hours (or two working days on-site). How much do you charge per hour? More importantly, how much revenue do you generate per hour if you were doing something else for your business? At $35.00/hour, it works out to .43 cents per line item in labor. If you can make your company over $100.00/hour, then inventorying yourself can cost you $1.25/line item. The opportunity cost of having this portion of the inventory completed by our technology is very valuable. When you NEED speed, Fast CATALOG is certainly worth it. Ask any contractor or adjuster currently using Fast CATALOG – they can’t stop. It’s a comforting feeling knowing that there is “Administration on Tap” when you need it.
Q: Is the Fast CATALOG service accurate?
A: Very. We understand the importance of precise data which is required to provide Schedules of Loss in the property loss industry. iCat has been developing this technology since 2009. Public adjusters, carriers, and contractors have great confidence knowing all description data returned is as accurate as possible.
Q: Does Fast CATALOG image recognition work every single time?
A: Yes, as long as a good picture was taken. If you can easily recognize an image, so can iCat’s AI (Artificial Intelligence). If you can easily recognize the make and model number from the images, so can our AI. If you can easily discern what the item in question is (especially if there are other items in the background), so can our AIntelligence. iCat publishes best practices training available free to help you and your support teams understand how to best take images for non-salvage documentation.
Q: What is Fast LKQ?
A: FAST LKQ is an on demand valuation service that provides Replacement Values for submitted line items submitted on a schedule of loss. Replacement values are live, include supporting valuation web links, with matching depreciation rates and ACV based on type/category (classified by the service AI). Adjusters can collaborate with insureds through the insured portal, making it easier to obtain howmener data such as original price paid, purchase location, years owned, and condition. Completed Schedules of Loss can be generated in virtually any format for carriers, viewed on-line, or exported to a supported CSV file.
Q: How does the Fast LKQ technology work?
A: Developed in 2009, our ever evolving artificial intelligence platform feeds available line item data to our LKQ engine, which combines powerful algorithms with intelligent web crawlers to determine the best replacement cost and source of a particular item. And yes, we also have a team of smart humans at the controls making sure we deliver a perfect solution.
Q: What is the turnaround time to complete pricing for a non-salvage inventory?
A: On paid subscriptions, cycle times for completed schedules of loss average 2 to 7 business days, regardless of the number of items submitted, assuming good images are good, and/or all provided descriptions are accurate. Sometimes, images may loop in our AI recognition bin due to being blurry, partial images, images of items which can’t be priced/described, or images with too many different types of items in the background – these types of images or descriptions will slow down turnaround time.
Q: What depreciation rates does iCat use?
A: iCat uses the accepted Standard Military Depreciation guide. iCat also provides flexibility for Carriers to use custom depreciation values.
Q: Who uses the Fast LKQ service?
A: Adjusters who are either too busy, or, who need to dramatically improve non-salvage valuation cycle times for their customers/insureds/carriers.
Q: How much does the Fast LKQ service cost?
A: Current rates are posted within the software solution. Recent rates have averaged around $1.00/line item.
Q: Fast LKQ seems expensive to use. Is it worth it?
A: One job could have thousands of non-salvage line items. An adjuster could have several jobs on the go. Pricing out 10 thousand line items (from several jobs) could take you over 4 weeks to do yourself, assuming you work 8 hours a day. iCat returns this data within 2 to 7 business days on paid subscriptions. Not only is it faster, but think of the opportunity costs: How many more jobs can you or your company handle with all this extra time. How much other revenue can you create/service with this additional time? How much would you save not having to pay a person to research these line items individually? Yes, using Fast LKQ is worth it.
Q: Is the Fast LKQ service accurate?
A: Very. With good images, or detailed descriptions from uploaded schedules of loss, + homeowner participation (purchase place, purchase price, years owned, condition), the valuations returned are quite accurate. We understand the importance of precise data which is required to provide Schedules of Loss in the property loss industry.
Q: Does iCat Guarantee its LKQ Valuation Data?
A: Yes, in our paid subscription model, iCat guarantees the data. Most valuations are based on a simple description, or image. Often, there is a lot of grey area, especially if only an image of a couch was submitted. This image could best be supported by providing homeowner input such as age, purchase location, original price paid etc. With this complete data, our AI can deliver the best possible price.
If the adjuster feels there could be a better price or replacement url for a specific item, iCat will review the inquiry and resubmit if required.
Q: Do I have to review the data before submitting to the insured/carrier?
A: For contractors using the paid subscription service, iCat provides this review so that completed schedules of loss can directly be forwarded to adjusters/carrieres/insureds.
The free subscription service for Public/Independent Adjusters does require the adjuster to review the inventory submission as a best practice. This allows the adjuster to review the data as a whole, check for errors caused by data entry, and update prices they feel should be higher or lower. With all the valuation work being done by iCat, the adjuster can simply review and “adjust” where necessary. Our tutorials explain best practices in reviewing pricing data within our platform.
Q: What type of line items can I submit to Fast LKQ?
A: All general personal property items can be sent to Fast LKQ. We do recommend any high value items, collectables, high value art, jewelry, antiques, etc be priced out yourself. Alternatively, you can submit to iCat but keep in mind that you will need to review these prices and manually adjust them to fit their highvalue/collectible/antique status. iCat does not process commercial/industrial valuations.
Q: I do a lot of commercial and industrial losses. Can iCat Fast LKQ price these items out?
A: While iCat will not guarantee or complete most commercial and industrial type line items (machinery, lab tools, etc), it will make an attempt, but not guarantee any results. The adjuster can still use iCat to create or upload these items and use our platform to perform the valuations themselves at no cost.
Q: Does Fast LKQ work every single time?
A: Yes, for personal property line items. iCat does not process commercial/industrial property items. Additionally, If the image is poor, unrecognizable, a piece or a part of something (not individually purchasable), has a vague or unrecognizable description, or if the description/image refers to different types of purchasable items, then no, a valuation can not be assigned. Each line item submitted must be a single class of purchasable items. For example, a picture of different items in a desk drawer would not be priced.
Q: What countries does Fast LKQ support valuations for?
A: USA and Canada, based on the postal/zip code associated with the subscription. Claims with Canadian Postal codes will receive replacement valuation data using Canadian Sources. Claims with USA zip codes will receive replacement valuation data from US sources.
Q: Does iCat provide Tax information on Schedules?
A: Yes, tax data is applied (if the requested schedule of loss format requires/includes it) based on zip/postal code of the insured.
Q: I see a lot of this software I don’t need. Can I hide these views?
A: No, not at this time. iCat was originally created for restoration contractors to inventory contents for the purpose of both cleaning/restoration/storage and non-salvage inventory/valuation. This free trial allows you access to the software, however you will still see components of the solution which do not pertain to your immediate needs. There will be a version releasing Q4 2023 specifically for adjusters. Until that time, we will show you the basic views you need and you can disregard the rest of the solution.
Q: I have a lot of adjusters working at my company – can we share an account so that we can manage each other’s work?
A: Yes, iCat can be used for your entire organization so that each adjuster has their own login. All jobs from the team can be seen and administered by others in the company. This setup works well also for admin support teams.